Thursday, December 11, 2008

O Come, O Come Emmanuel


My wife and I are singing O Come, O Come Emmanuel at my parents church this sunday. This version has got really great words:


1. O come, O come, Emmanuel
And ransom captive Israel
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appears

Chorus:
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee O Israel

2. O come, Thou Rod of Jesse free
Thine own from Satan’s tyrrany
From depths of hell Thy people save
And give them victory o’er the grave

3. O come, Desire of nations, bind
In one the hearts of all mankind
Bid Thou our sad divisions cease
And be Thyself our King of Peace

2 comments:

echopc said...

Hi Nick, hope all is well, we sang this song in chapel the other day and I really enjoyed it too. Check out this recording on youtube, I think you will enjoy it


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gWsYIp647g

Best regards
Paul Carr

Nick said...

That sounded great!