Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Girls and My Cryptic Wife


I am a daydreamer. And as such I frequently think of what it would be like if God so desired to bless me with daughters one day. Well in light of these 'dreams' I thought these lyrics by Animal Collective were pretty cool. Of course I would also want my daughter's to love Jesus!

"Is it much to admit I need
A solid soul and the blood I bleed
With a little girl, and by my spouse
I only want a proper house

I don't care for fancy things
Or to take part in a precious race
And children cry for the one who has
A real big heart and a father's grace

I don't mean to seem like I care about material things like a social status
I just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls"

On another note. Last night I had this conversation with my wife as we we're driving home.

Nick: Hmmmm what does 'cryptic' mean?
Alicia: I know what it means; but I am not really good at defining things.
Nick: Ok...
Alicia: No, like I can use it in a sentence; like, "Man...that was cryptic"

Here's Dictionary.com's defintion:

1. mysterious in meaning; puzzling; ambiguous: a cryptic message.
2. abrupt; terse; short: a cryptic note.
3. secret; occult: a cryptic writing.
4. involving or using cipher, code, etc.
5. Zoology. fitted for concealing; serving to camouflage.
–noun 6. a cryptogram, esp. one designed as a puzzle.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Funny hun! :) lol I knew that's what it meant! Thanks for posting the definition and our hilarious conversation probably only we will find funny hehehe.

Nick said...

Well I read it over a couple times and still found it funny....So I thought I would share it with the world!